Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Medical updates

Monday I went to have my bruising and claw marks looked at. Thank goodness I had a appointment. Or maybe it would have taken 2 hours. It took about an hour and 45 minutes. On Friday I asked if it was going to take a long time, and was assured it wouldn't since I had an appointment. NOT. The only thing the doctor did was look at it, and said "it was healing nicely". What a compete waste of time. The antibiotics they gave me caused a yeast infection. So not pleasant and it's been since Sunday. I only took 2 pills. Rachel woke up yesterday morning covered from head to toe with a rash. P was at work already. We took the day off and headed to the doctor's office. Her doctor said it's hives, but from what we don't have a clue, nothing new. Off we went to buy Zyrtec and Calamine lotion. By the afternoon and a long afternoon nap for her, it was worse. Since it was too soon for more Zyrtec the doctor said Benadryl and Avenno lotion. This morning she was still broken out and had more redness than last night. I called the doctor who said that's normal, but no school again for either of us, P again was at work already. J went to the Orthopedic doctor yesterday afternoon. Good think P was off then, so he could take him, but I don't feel like all my questions were answered, I should have taken him, but I was already trying to handle R's crises. The MRI J had done a few weeks ago showed cartilage that broke loose under the knee cap, he will need to have that fixed, or it could blow his knee out completely. Maybe that could be scheduled for January when my sister is having her knee replaced, they could take care of each other! J's surgery is not supposed to be that bad, like maybe crutches for a few days, he may not miss any school except for the day the procedure is done. I don't know when that's going to be yet, I was hoping the doctor's office would call today to schedule it since I'm home.

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Geesh. You guys are falling apart!lol! Hope everyone feels better, gets scheduled, etc.