Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Gone Girl

Popular book turned into a movie out now. And Pat promised to take me. Not the type of book I usually read, but Pat was able to get the book for me for 50 cents. Story there is a customer returned it to Fry's after reading the fist 20 pages. Fry's does not do returns on books. The customer got mad about the policy and threw the book at him. His boss was going to let some other employee have it for 25 cents, but they couldn't find anything to ring up for that price, but Pat found something for the 50 cent price so he got to bring the book home. I was getting curious about the book because there were many previews of the movie in the newspaper. Since I had read so much about the movie I read the ending first and decided to read the book. I loved it! Can't wait to go to the movies to see how well they did the book. It's always so very disappointing seeing a movie after you read the book, but in all the previews of the movie, it reminds you that it's a movie not a book. So at least they're being honest! I asked on Facebook if anyone read anything by the author and my first comment was Gone Girl was dark, so she wouldn't read anything else. I didn't think Gone Girl was that dark, so I'll have to look into the other books myself to see if they sound good.

No comments: