Monday, August 4, 2014

PA trip

I worked very hard babysitting 3 days a week, 10 hour days. But I did it. I made it to my 30th high school reunion.
Pat and  I flew into Pittsburgh on Thursday July 24th. We rented a car and drove to Clearfield. Paul and Pat Young offered us a place to stay. They are such a lovely couple. It was 11:30 PM when we finally arrived at their house.
Friday after sleeping in we went and picked Mackie and Diane up, Mackie dove us around town, while we snapped picture after picture. Went back to Mackie's house and he showed us all the stuff they are entering into the fair. I made the mistake of needing to use the bathroom while there. Oh my goodness that house :(
We took Mackie, Marie and Diane to Sids for dinner. Then they had to leave, so we went to the Ritz to see a movie.
Saturday was the reunion. I had a hard time recognizing many people, other than the ones I was very close with. It was a interesting evening. Sure wish more would have made it.
Sunday we went to Emmanuel Methodist church for services at 11 AM, asked the pastor if we could take pictures inside the church, other than a new addition, not much has changed. After church we ate downtown at Scotto's, I couldn't find Mabel's pizza like I had wanted too. Met up with Debbie Buckley Thomas at her house, visited for hours, on the way home, we stopped at Mary Beth McMasters Ternaway's house and sat on the front porch and talked, while a storm raged on and on.
Monday we went to the fair, all day long. Ate all the famous junk. Sat in the grandstand for parade with Mary Beth, Janel and her family where there and Janel and I talked for a long time, it was so great! Went and sat with Mackie and family for the fireworks, Pat was so excited we were so close to them. I hated the noise.
Tuesday my birthday. We went to lunch with Mackie and family in Dubois "Hoss" then went to Walmart to buy some chips to bring home. Pat and I rested for a bit, then went bowling, and then ice cream.
Slept in again on Wednesday, drove around Clearfield and took more pictures. Paul grilled pork chops and potatoes for dinner, with fresh from his garden broccoli and cucumbers, so very yummy.
Thursday travel day, left Clearfield abot 9 AM, got to Pittsburgh around 12, dropped the rental car off, checked in at airport, arrived in Phoenix at 5 PM, but since we lost 3 hours flying home we traveled 11 hours!

No comments: