Thursday, March 8, 2007

The on going frustrations of school mornings

1. Getting the kids awake. (OK, so that ones not that bad, just whenever Joseph forgets to set his alarm, is frustration, Sarah usually pops right up, Rachel on the other hand needs more time to wake up) 2. Getting dressed (OK, Joseph usually doesn't have a problem, unless he can't find something usually shoes, but that's his fault for not putting them away where he's supposed to, Sarah's pretty good about getting dressed right away, she's usually so hungry, that she wants to hurry up and get dressed fast so she can eat. Rachel on the other hand is a nightmare getting dressed, clothes have to fit "just" right, not a little snug, and not too loose either, then there's skorts, that bother her because the shorts part in front rubs on her leg, not to mention how very important the way the shirt fits, which could have been fine last week, but not so fine this week, but OK next week.)I used to make the girls pick out their clothes the night before, we will be going back to that. I can't take any more clothe issues in the morning. 3. The packing of the lunch, Again we will be going back to packing the night before, because for some reason the girls can't decide what to pack. 4. Breakfast. It's either too many options or not enough, either way I lose, why can't they just be grateful we have food to eat. 5. Taking of the medicine. Joseph does fine taking his, but every day I have to remind him to take it, I don't get this, he knows if he doesn't put in his contacts he can't see, why can't he use that foolishly for the medicine. Sarah on the other hand, I have to remind and watch (because she's been known to try to hid the pill, instead of taking it) But only I can watch, if anyone else looks at or near her when she's taking the medicine it is not a pretty sight. 6. Hair. Sarah's the only one who has long enough hair, that it takes more than a few seconds to brush out. AND heaven for bid that she let me help her, or do something with it, just hanging down, tucked behind her ears everyday really gets on my nerves. 7. Walking/Riding to school. I can't win here either, I'd like them to walk in the mornings there isn't chorus, or I'm on campus, which really means just Mon. and Wed. they walk. But of course on those days they don't want to, but want to walk on the other days. Chorus was cancelled for today, and they were running late, only because of goofing off (Rachel), or reading (Sarah and the neighbor girl) I made them walk, was kinda mean when the neighbor girl declares she's thirsty right as they were walking out the door, I wouldn't let her get a drink, what is the teaching her, it's OK to do what you want on your time, but when it's time to go leave, then think about how being thirsty, having to go to bathroom, etc. I asked her to walk quickly to school if she was that thirsty, so she could get a drink.

No comments: